Hi, I’m Anna. I’ve been tattooing since the great recession of 2007. I collect cats, manage Anatomy Tattoo, and have an affinity for flowers. I am a safe, inclusive, accommodating tattooer and I want to make sure you have the best experience possible while getting tattooed by me.
Artistically my main focus is on decorative, botanical, nature-derived tattoos as well as funky animal portraits. I love the beauty in nature and enjoy applying ornamental-style tattoos to enhance any body.
My books are currently closed for updates please
Tattooing is very physically demanding and so I break up my sessions to help with pain management, both mine and my client’s. I usually have a drawing/stenciling/outline session, followed by one or two sessions of color, and a touch up which I don’t charge for unless my client wants to add something.
- I know this worries a lot of people and I always schedule extra time to make changes or edit the drawing.
- The reason I do not show art in advance is that I often do not have time to draw more than a day or two in advance. And/or also because I draw on a lot of my client’s pieces to fit and flow with their bodies (freehanding -with sharpies), in that case, there is not much to show prior to the actual outline appointment.
- It does not hurt my feelings for clients to ask for changes to their design. I do not rush the art process, and if I feel like my client is unsure at any point it is my priority to ensure their happiness with their permanent art. I understand that I am not the person that will live with the art, and that tattoos are both expensive, time-consuming, and painful therefore I will make any correction within my wheelhouse to ensure the best outcome for my clients. I take the word client seriously and understand that you have hired me to work for you.
- Unless you completely change your tattoo idea or decide not to get tattooed altogether- your deposit will still apply toward your tattoo. If you want to change your tattoo placement on your body or would like to add things I would just like to be informed at least one week prior to your tattoo appointment.
- The last reason I don’t show art in advance is that I have had people take my art to other tattooers and getting the deposit without doing the actual tattoo is not enough compensation for the time I spend creating the art, scheduling, and consulting with clients and therefore is not sustainable for me. If you absolutely need to see your art in advance we can make a separate appointment for you to come to visit your art prior to your tattoo appointment(s) where you can bring anyone whose input on the design matters to you. I ask for no photos of the art to be taken at this time.
- The right to a clean and comfortable environment that follows best practices for health and safety.
- The right to equal treatment and service regardless of size, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, or health status
- The right to respectful communication, including the right to be addressed by your preferred name and correct pronouns, and the right to be in an environment free of hate speech or verbal harassment.
- The right to an artist technically and stylistically suited to your tattoo request, or a reference to someone who is.
- The right to ask clarifying questions about the tattoo process and technical decisions that go into a design or placement limitation, and to have them answered with patience and respect.
- The right to be asked for approval as to your final design, and regarding changes your artist may consider during your tattoo session.
- The right to be asked for consent about physical contact and touch needed to perform your tattoo, including the adjustment or removal of clothing.
- The right to request and be provided with provisions toward your personal privacy and comfort to the best ability of the artist and shop.
- The right to have your accessibility needs met to the extent that the shop and artist are able to provide them, or a referral to a shop or artist who can best meet those needs.
- The right to confidentiality around personal and private information, including the right to be asked for consent before photos of you are taken or posted.
- The right to self-advocacy: to speak up and be heard if anything during your session or in regards to your overall shop experience does not feel right.
Here are some things I can provide for clients who want it:
- Talk-free tattoo sessions
- Extra pillows or accommodations for comfort with body positioning
- Bariatric massage tables and chairs
- Privacy screens
- Drape sheets
- We also have a private room I can schedule to use for clients who do not want to be in the main part of the shop while they get tattooed.
- Free color swatch tattoos
- I can schedule you at a less busy time of the day
- Vegan/Sensitive skin/Allergy accommodations when it comes to bandaging or products used that contain by-products of animals in your tattoo. Please let me know if you are vegan, the experience is overall the same except the petrolatum used on your tattoo will be lanolin-free.
- Photos of the tattoo shop
- Overall great customer care and customer service including referring to you by the name and pronoun(s) you give me